Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving was my holiday to work this year.   Two days - 24 hours of moms and babies Thankful for a good job.  But  I was not thinking much about Tday dinner or shopping...  I was thinking - If you give a mouse a cookie.   My friend's  kid read the book to me the other day so I guess the phrase just stuck in my head..

Somewhere along the way the thought changed to - If you give a girl a bike...  I spent two days - in-between all those moms and their babies  thinking about what I would do if you gave me a bike about now.   I looked a maps and tried to connect trails. I worried that they might be to hard for me, or I might get lost.  I planned to stick to one new trail and if it got to difficult  I could just turn around and go back to the beginning.



But, if you give a girl a bike....... She will pick the one trail on the map that is actually private property, closed to people and bikes and not being used so it can "reforest"          wa wa waaaaaa.....


She will then drive straight to the closest bike/coffee place to come up with plan B.  Thank Goodness for  coffee



I decided if I pumped up the tires, I could make the mtb ride a bit like a roadie and see what I could find in Carefree.   It's one of my favorite places for a day trip/sight seeing/ hike.  And now it becoming a fun place to mountain bike!


This is Elephant mountain....   I don't see an Elephant ....   I see a Gorilla  laying on it's back  with its nose in the air...



I call this  Gorilla between two cactus


  If you give a girl a bike   she will find the only sandal wearing,  mariachi base player covered in flower in Carefree...



Gotta love our blue skies this time of year..    I know for all of you who are in your snow and ice season you might attach a different emotion to our great weather.   But someone has to enjoy it!!




      
And if the blue sky gets old..   There is a little Autumn to enjoy


A Saguaro Farm I think


I did actually find some trail to ride..   A bit more loose rock than I like and no single track.   But it was a good attempt.





In between the buck shot on that sign - It says No shooting...   It's the wild wild west!


Slim picking at the horse stable today.   They seemed to be down to a cow and two donkeys.   None of them were to interested in a ride.




 
      Looks like there is going to be a new baby at the stable at Chistmas. 


    I think this guy was hoping he had found a new "friend"



Cute but just not that interested





Solar panels line the horse stables   - a sort of old west meet new....



Must admit I was not really paying much attention to the child reading his book.   But I don't think is goes well if you give a mouse a cookie.  But giving a girl a bike makes for a great day.   Not exactly the day I had planned - But a great day in the end.  I got in 10 miles of  on and off road and lots of hills.   

 Happy Thankgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment